W I N T E R S H O W 2 0 2 1
S U B M I S S I O N P A G E
Following the great success of our spontaneous open call for our big mixed Winter Exhibition last year, we are once again throwing open the show to submissions. Use the form below to submit your details.
Our Winter Exhibition is an annual exhibition which aims to bring together and a put a spotlight on exceptional contemporary art & design, presenting the spectrum of creativity of artists and makers of today. Submissions of works in all medium, of one single piece or whole collections and from those just starting out as well as established names are all very much welcomed.
The submission deadline is midnight on Sunday 31st October 2021 and all artists will be notified on the decision about their submission by Wednesday 10th November.
The show will again primarily be online, launching via our website on Thursday 18th November at 7pm and run until Sunday 30th January.
Any questions or if you'd prefer to submit via email, email Claire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full terms and conditions can be seen below.
S U B M I S S I O N F O R M
NOTES ABOUT YOUR STATEMENT & BIO
Take a look at our artist pages if you're not sure what to include in these. These can be short or as long as you feel is needed but to give some guidance, here's our recommendations below:
- Statement: gives us more information about the points of inspiration, process and thoughts on your work. What led you to do what you do? What inspires you? Do you have a particular process you're focusing on? A good length is approximately 150 words.
- Bio: gives us more information about you as an artist/maker/designer. This is factual and simply fills in your background - where you are from, any relevant study or experience, where are you working from now. A good length is approximately 25-50 words, more experienced artists may have longer.
This will be checked over before it is used anywhere and we will suggest edits if we feel it is needed so don't worry if you're not sure about wording or content.
NOTES ABOUT YOUR ARTWORK SUBMISSION
Please submit at least one website-ready individual image per artwork. As many images as is required to give us a full idea of the artwork is recommended - e.g. zoom in if texture or detail is missed in an overall shot or show 2 views if different in form or finish. Successful submissions will be invited to send more images to represent their pieces so at this stage it is for us to decide on the work.
See example of good photography in T&Cs below. Photographs can be in any format (landscape, square or portrait) and ideally approx. 1000x1000 pixels (or equivalent). We encourage a plain background such as white.
Please make sure that alongside your images, you also submit details of each piece within the text box below. This requires for each piece:
- Price (This can be artist price or selling price)
Example of how to list details of the work:
Image 1 - TITLE, MEDIUM, DIMENSIONS, PRICE (ARITST PRICE) . Image 2 - 4: TITLE, MEDIUM, DIMENSIONS, PRICE (GALLERY PRICE)
By clicking submit, you are confirming that you are happy with the terms and conditions of exhibiting below including that the work will be available for sale by the gallery for the duration of the show and that you are happy to arrange delivery directly to clients if required.
Your content has been submitted
An error occurred. Try again later
T E R M S & C O N D I T I O N S
- Submissions must be made via this submission page or email (to Claire at email@example.com) with:
+ website-ready images of each individual work being submitted
+ title, medium, dimensions, artist name and price included in the image title of each piece
+ an artist statement and bio to give some background information on the work and artist
Example image -
Images are to be taken in good light on a uniform background (ideally white or black).
Image size at least 1000x1000 pixels and can be portrait, square or landscape in format
- The work submitted must be available for purchase for duration of the show (18th November - 30th January 2022) and any changes to its availability must be immediately communicated to the gallery.
- Gallery commission for sales: 45% + VAT.
- On the sale of an artwork from the artists studio, the artist will be responsible for sending out the piece to the buyer within 2 working days and the gallery will then reimburse the postage costs (requiring a copy of the receipt). In case of breakages in transit, the gallery will cover 50% of the artist costs.
- If an artwork is requested to be viewed in a physical space, the artist will be responsible for making arrangements to deliver and the gallery will reimburse the postage costs (requiring a copy of the receipt). In case of breakages in transit, the gallery will cover 50% of the artist costs.
- If an artwork is requested to be exhibited in a physical space, the artist will be responsible for making arrangements to deliver and the gallery will responsible for any returns.
- Payment for works sold will be on the 15th of the month following the sale date.
Submission deadline: Sunday 31st October at midnight.
All artists will be notified on the decision on their work by Wednesday 10th November.