Call for submissions: The Wild Collective
Updated: Mar 26
An open invitation to artists, makers and designers in all medium and art forms to submit work for ‘The Wild Collective’, an exhibition exploring our connections to nature. We welcome all interpretations of this theme and are actively seeking work that can be displayed outside where a large element of the exhibition will take place. The exhibition will be hosted in the glasshouse and gardens of Omved Gardens, a garden, exhibition space and sustainable food project in north London, as part of the Chelsea Fringe in May 2022. A collaboration between Omved Gardens, specialist craft gallery Thrown and floral artist Alice McCabe, the final collection will be selected through these varied eyes and aims to reflect this wide scope of interests on this single theme. Submissions are open to artists, makers, designers and creatives at all career levels. Submissions are welcome from international artists however all work must be able to be delivered to London in May 2022. Submissions are open until midnight on 4th April 2022. To submit, email Claire at firstname.lastname@example.org with: - Name (artist name or studio name, as you would want it displayed to represent you). - Location (general location, i.e. London, UK) - Contact details (email and phone number) - Website ready images of each artwork submitted with title in the image title (Ideally 1000x1000 pixels, approx. 1mb in size) - A list of artwork submitted with titles, medium, dimensions, selling price plus confirmation of whether the work can be displayed outdoors - An artist statement and biography Full terms and conditions can be seen below.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Submission is free.
- There is a maximum of 5 pieces to be submitted by each artist.
- The work submitted must be available for the exhibition and able to be delivered to London in May 2022
- The gallery will retain a 50% commission total on all sales made during the exhibition.
- The cost of delivering artworks to London is the responsibility of the artist and the work will become care of the gallery once safely arrived.
- The collection of works for an artist based in London is the responsibility of the artist while the gallery is responsible for the return of artworks to those outside of London and internationally.
- Image guidelines:
Images must show the exact work you are submitting and the artwork must be complete.
Example image -
Images are to be taken in good light on a uniform background (ideally white or black).
Image size at least 1000x1000 pixels and can be portrait, square or landscape in format
Please title your image files before uploading with ’Title, Year, Medium, Dimensions (cm), Selling Price(GBP£), First Name and Surname’
- Video links can be pasted within the email.
- Omved Gardens, Thrown and Alice McCabe reserve the right to photograph artwork during the event and use images of the artwork for publicity and educational purposes in perpetuity. By submitting artwork via this call, the artist is agreeing to the terms outlined above.
The deadline for submissions is Monday 4th April 2022, 11.59pm GMT. All artists will be notified on the decision on their work by 17th April.