Call for submissions - The Winter Show 2020
This year has been all about adaption and our final show of the year is no exception. Our Winter Show, opening Thursday 19th November, will now begin purely online and in taking away the focus on our gallery space, we are taking the opportunity to expand our collection to more than our walls.
Whether you have a stand-out piece you would like to put forward or a whole collection, whether you are an established name or have only recently begun making, we are welcoming in submissions from artists and makers in all medium to add in to this big celebration of creativity - their piece(s) included within this large mixed show.
The show will open online at 6.30pm on Thursday 19th November and run digitally until 24th January 2021. The show is also planned to open physically in our gallery in Highgate from 2nd December until 23rd December, restrictions allowing, and artists will be notified if their work is requested to be seen within our space.
Email Claire at email@example.com to get involved.
The submission deadline is 5pm on Sunday 15th November.
Full terms and conditions can be seen below.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Submissions must be made via email with:
+ website-ready images of each individual work being submitted
+ title, medium, dimensions, artist name and price included in the image title of each piece
+ an artist statement and bio to give some background information on the work and artist
Example image -
Images are to be taken in good light on a uniform background (ideally white or black).
Image size at least 1000x1000 pixels and can be portrait, square or landscape in format
- The work submitted must be available for purchase for duration of the show (19th November - 24th January) and any changes to its availability must be immediately communicated to the gallery.
- Gallery commission for sales: 45% + VAT.
- On the sale of an artwork from the artists studio, the artist will be responsible for sending out the piece to the buyer within 2 working days and the gallery will then reimburse the postage costs (requiring a copy of the receipt). In case of breakages in transit, the gallery will cover 50% of the artist costs.
- If an artwork is requested to be viewed in the gallery, the artist will be responsible for making arrangements to deliver to the gallery and the gallery will reimburse the postage costs (requiring a copy of the receipt). In case of breakages in transit, the gallery will cover 50% of the artist costs.
- Payment for works sold will be on the 15th of the month following the sale date.
Submission deadline: Sunday 15th November at 5pm
All artists will be notified on the decision on their work by Tuesday 17th November.