OPEN CALL - The Winter Exhibition 2021
Following the great success of our spontaneous open call for our Winter Exhibition last year, we are once again throwing open the show to submissions.
Artists and makers in all medium are encouraged to submit - whether you have one stand-out piece or a whole collection you'd like to put forward, whether you are an established name or have only recently begun making, we would love to hear from you.
This year's exhibition, launching online at 7pm on Thursday 18th November, will primarily be online while we will be seeking out any physical opportunities to present the work too - artists will be notified if their work is able to be included within a space.
The exhibition is open to international submissions. For international submissions, an additional amount for delivery to the UK will be included on selling prices as a base price.
The submission deadline is midnight on Sunday 31st October and we have set up a special submission page just for this which will help lay-out all information required. Any questions or if you'd prefer to submit via email, email Claire at email@example.com. Full terms and conditions can be seen below.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Submissions must be made via the submission page or email with:
+ website-ready images of each individual work being submitted
+ title, medium, dimensions, artist name and price included in the image title of each piece
+ an artist statement and bio to give some background information on the work and artist
Example image -
Images are to be taken in good light on a uniform background (ideally white or black).
Image size at least 1000x1000 pixels and can be portrait, square or landscape in format
- The work submitted must be available for purchase for duration of the show (18th November - 30th January 2022) and any changes to its availability must be immediately communicated to the gallery.
- Gallery commission for sales: 45% + VAT.
- On the sale of an artwork from the artists studio, the artist will be responsible for sending out the piece to the buyer within 2 working days and the gallery will then reimburse the postage costs (requiring a copy of the receipt). In case of breakages in transit, the gallery will cover 50% of the artist costs.
- If an artwork is requested to be viewed in a physical space, the artist will be responsible for making arrangements to deliver and the gallery will reimburse the postage costs (requiring a copy of the receipt). In case of breakages in transit, the gallery will cover 50% of the artist costs.
- If an artwork is requested to be exhibited in a physical space, the artist will be responsible for making arrangements to deliver and the gallery will responsible for any returns.
- Payment for works sold will be on the 15th of the month following the sale date.
Submission deadline: Sunday 31st October at midnight.
All artists will be notified on the decision on their work by Wednesday 10th November.